Nancy Tarshis, a speech-language pathologist/special educator with extensive experience working with children and their parents, is the Director of Early Elementary Programming at The Quad Preparatory School, for twice-exceptional children, K-12. For 27 years, she was a member of the professional team at the Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC) at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, serving as Supervisor of Speech and Language Services for 21 of them. In that capacity, she trained more than 400 SLPs currently practicing throughout the nation. As Emeritus at CERC, she participates in ongoing research and lectures to pediatric fellows, medical residents, and psychology interns. In addition, she serves as adjunct clinical instructor at NYU, Teachers College-Columbia University, and Hunter College of City University of New York. She provides ongoing consultation on social emotional learning to many public and private schools nationally and internationally. Nancy is deeply experienced in a wide variety of therapy methodologies, including Social Thinking. She speaks frequently across the United States and internationally on its concepts and strategies and is the co-author of We Thinkers! Volume 1 Social Explorers and We Thinkers! Volume 2 Social Problem Solvers. Nancy loves to play with both toys and ideas, and she does so in her private practice where she sees individuals from birth through adulthood. This practice, Altogether Social, which she shares with Debbie Meringolo, provides individual and group sessions, trainings for parents and professionals, and school consultations.
Nancy is a member of the professional advisory boards of New York Zero to Three and Apraxia Kids (formerly the Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America).
- Narrative Development and Intervention
- Early Identification of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Introduction to the ADOS
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Play and Language: Development, Assessment, and Intervention for the Preschool Child Resilience
- Parent-Child Dyadic Intervention for Infants
- Handling, Positioning and Oromotor Control
- Language Development and Language Disorders: Birth to Five
- Play as a Context for Enhancing Developmental and Academic Skills
- Early Intervention and Assessment of Autistic Infants and Toddlers
- Speech and Language Assessment: Birth to Five Years
- Interview Techniques and Hiring Practices: A Conversation with Professionals in the Field
- Speech Therapy Post Cochlear Implant
Click here to download Nancy's CV
Nancy is intensely proud of her son, a cheese monger and gourmet store manager; daughter-in-law, a Professor of Geology; daughter, a pediatric Nurse Practitioner; and son-in-law, a consultant. She and her husband of over 40 years live in Manhattan.
Financial: Author/speaker for Think Social Publishing, Inc., and receives speaking fees and royalty payments.
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationships exist.